Nevada Organizations: The Engelstad Foundation Community Support
The Engelstad Foundation wants to support the important work that your organization does in our community. There are resources out there that can help your organization to reach its goals and continue your work in the community.
The Engelstad Foundation has partnered with Nevada GrantLab to offer an important resource to non-profits of all sizes and areas of expertise at no cost. We encourage all Nevada organizations to take advantage of this opportunity.
The deadline for submissions to be considered for the December Trustee meeting is November 29th at 5 pm Pacific time.
Grant Application Submissions
Please note: The Engelstad Foundation prioritizes applications from organizations that have a presence in Southern Nevada. Applications from organizations outside of Southern Nevada are by invitation only.
Listed below are documents that your organization will need to complete the grant submission process.
- Completed Engelstad Foundation Grant Application
- Please be sure to fill out the application completely, all fields are required. Your organization’s total grant submission can be up to a maximum of 10 pages. The page count includes the application form and your organizational budget. Please feel free to attach additional pages to your application keeping the 10-page limit in mind. The application and any additional pages should be combined into one document before uploading them into the webform.
- Current year organizational budget
- Your organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) letter
- Two most recent years’ IRS 990s
- If your organization is not required to complete the IRS 990, please complete the Alternate 990 Form for the two most recent years
- Two most recent full years’ financials (Please note that if your organization’s financials are more than 6 months old, you will need to submit internally prepared financials to show financial activity covering the time period from when the financials were prepared** to current date).
- For requests up to $199,999.00 – Internally prepared financials*.
- For requests of $200,000 to $499,999.00 – CPA reviewed financials.
- For requests of $500,000 and greater – Audited financials
*Some examples of internally prepared financials are Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Statement of Activity or excel spreadsheets that show income and expenses over an organization’s fiscal or calendar year. When submitting internally prepared financials, please choose only one of these options.
**For example, if your financials are dated January 1 – December 31 and you are applying for a grant in July of the following year, your financials are more than 6 months old, and you will need to provide internally prepared financials for January 1 to current date.
Use the “Submit a Grant Application” link to submit your application and the required documents. Please note that all documents listed above are required to complete the grant submission process.
Questions? Please contact Allison at email@example.com
When are grant submissions reviewed?
Grant submissions are reviewed in March, June, September, and December
What is the deadline for submissions?
- March Trustee meeting – March 8, 2023 by 5 pm Pacific time
- June Trustee meeting – June 7, 2023 by 5 pm Pacific Time
- September Trustee meeting – August 30, 2023 by 5 pm Pacific time
- December Trustee meeting – November 29, 2023 by 5 pm Pacific time
These deadlines could change based on business needs without warning. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your grant application and supporting documents. Once our internal deadline has passed, we cannot make any exceptions.
Are there any projects that the Engelstad Foundation will not fund?
The Engelstad Foundation prioritizes organizations that have a presence in Southern Nevada. Applications from organizations outside of Southern Nevada are by invitation only. The Engelstad Foundation does not fund projects that take place outside of the United States. Grants will not be awarded to cover consultant fees.
As a private foundation, grants are awarded based on the desires and judgement of the Trustees and the Engelstad Foundation does not share information with grant applicants about how determinations are made.
How often can my organization apply for a grant from the Engelstad Foundation?
Organizations can apply once per year for a grant from the Engelstad Foundation. If your organization has submitted a grant application previously, you can submit another application starting from one year after the date on your prior application, whether your grant request was approved or not.
My organization is new and does not have two years of financials or IRS 990s – can we still apply?
To properly evaluate your organization and your grant submission, the Engelstad Foundation requires two years of financials and IRS 990s. Please consider submitting your grant application when you can provide the required documentation.
How can my organization get more information on the kinds of projects that the Engelstad Foundation funds?
Please see our website for a listing of organizations we have partnered with. The Engelstad Foundation is open to new ideas and new projects also.
Does my organization need to report back to the Engelstad Foundation if a grant is awarded?
Yes, the Engelstad Foundation requires financial reporting from our grantees. When an organization is awarded a grant, the reporting requirement timeline is spelled out in the grant letter they receive. Failure to report grant funds usage could result in revocation of grant funds and/or the ability to reapply for a future grant.
Can my organization apply for multiple, separate projects?
Organizations that would like to apply for multiple projects can submit one application that covers their requests in a cohesive manner. Only one application per organization will be accepted for the Trustees to review.
What is Nevada GrantLab? Nevada GrantLab partners with non profits to boost their ability to successfully identify, secure and administer grant funding. Nevada GrantLab’s goal is to fuel social impact and build a stronger, more sustainable non profit community. Learn more and enroll as a partner at: www.nevadagrantlab.org.